My Passions

A place for me to post pictures and information about the people and things that I am passionate about! (With the underlying assumption that our culture is WRONG, and that being passionate or enthusiastic about anything is not in itself a sign of mental illness. :-) )

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Josh

This is my 20-y-o Joshua tickling one of his little brothers . . .

Josh is also an amazing gift of grace to me. He was always -- and still is -- the one who could get along with anyone. He is a gifted programmer and engineer and mathematician, and loves Jesus, too. And, in his words, that is what life is really about -- loving God and knowing Him.

I miss my little boy Josh, though. The adult Josh is very disconnected from Mom -- even when he is home. But at least he does want to hang out! And no mother expects her adult sons to stay as connected as they were when they were little . . . but every mother and father do grieve losing that little boy who no longer shows up!

God is at work in Josh, and so I wait with eager anticipation to see where he goes from here. And I am hoping that part of where he goes is toward a new kind of connection with me, his mother. But that isn't the most important thing a mother wants, now, is it?

:-) Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home