My Passions

A place for me to post pictures and information about the people and things that I am passionate about! (With the underlying assumption that our culture is WRONG, and that being passionate or enthusiastic about anything is not in itself a sign of mental illness. :-) )

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Mike

Posted by Picasa My 21-y-o son, Mike, is the next "passion" on my list. When I turned 40, he called me and told me "Even if you hadn't done anything else in your life by now, you raised me, and that's pretty good!" And he is right!!!

He is an amazing person. He is intelligent and disciplined, and is becoming wise and authentically loving. He makes good choices, and he is careful in them -- whether they are choices about what to believe or how to live. God is teaching me through Mike, more now than ever.

And Mike knows that part of becoming wise is to learn to recognize how things really work, and that that takes painful experience and failure and loneliness as much as it takes study and analysis and success. And God is walking with him through that, even if he doesn't always feel it.

I am very proud of Mike, and there are many ways that I hope I "grow up" to be just like him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home